* ICIS 2011 Program Now Available!
* The application deadline for the Junior Faculty Consortium has been extended to October 31 or until all places are filled.
* Student Volunteers information is now available via this link (application deadline extended to October 7, 2011).
* Hotel reservation can now be made. To get conference rates, please click on the link "Hotel Reservations" under Logistics in the left navigation panel
* For VISA information, please refer to here.
* A list of tour options are provided for the convenience of delegates who wish to travel in China before and after the conference. For more information, click here.
Welcome to the website of the 2011 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2011), to be held in Shanghai, China from December 4 to 7 2011.
ICIS is the major annual meeting of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), which has over 4,000 members representing universities in over 95 countries worldwide. It is the most prestigious gathering of academics and practitioners in the IS discipline, and provides a forum for networking and sharing of latest ideas and highest caliber scientific work among the IS professions. Each year, over 1,000 IS academic professions from around the world participate in the conference program, which includes about 60 sessions and 180 presentations, in addition to keynotes, CIO panels, and research panels.
The theme of ICIS 2011, “East Meets West: Connectivity and Collaboration through Effective Information Systems,” provides an opportunity for us to think more deeply about how information systems and information and communication technologies can contribute to the connectivity and collaboration of people, organizations, countries, and international institutions. To view the Call for Papers (in PDF), click here.
The venue of ICIS 2011, Shanghai, is a bustling metropolis where the East meets West, and Tradition meets Modernity. An engine of China's economy as well as the financial powerhouse of East Asia, Shanghai is constantly evolving toward achieving a "better city, better life", true to the slogan of the World Expo 2010 hosted in the city. Visitors will be greeted with picturesque historical buildings as well as towering modern skyscrapers. The experience of Chinese traditional culture, food, fashion, and opera, together with Western vogue and lifestyles, is also awaiting visitors of Shanghai.
We look forward to seeing you in ICIS 2011 in Shanghai, and do check out our website often for important updates.