- Information about Student Volunteers
Each year, student volunteers contribute significantly to the success of ICIS, which also forms a part of meaningful experience of their PhD endeavor. By serving as a volunteer, registration to all ICIS2011 events (including meals) is complimentary.
Student volunteer criteria used:
- Volunteers were selected on the basis of their application and a short reference letter from their advisor or department head
- PhD students in an Information Systems program of an academic institution
- Responsible for their own lodging and transportation costs
- Required to volunteer at least 15 hours of time during the conference
Some volunteer duties include:
- Conference bag stuffing: assembling conference bags with all the attendees “goodies” such as pens, agenda, conference brochure, etc.
- Registration desk : helping attendees find their name tags, handing out bags, answering attendee’s questions, etc.
- Session room attendants: helping presenters and others with session room technical issues, dimming lights, holding doors open, etc.
- Volunteer administration: assisting the volunteer chairs with communications and organizational issues needed among all volunteers
How many volunteers were selected?
This year, we need around 30 volunteers.
A short reference letter has to be emailed to Dr Chee Wei (David) Phang (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your advisor or department head no later than the deadline. Please indicate student volunteer's name and school name in the text of the email.
There is no limit in length for the reference and it is basically a “why the committee should select this person to be a volunteer” letter.
Conference date: December 4 - December 7, 2011 (volunteers may be requested to arrive in Shanghai on December 2, 2011, if necessary)
Volunteer application and reference letters are due by: October 7, 2011 (Extended)
Volunteer notifications will besent by: October 9, 2011 (Extended)